March 27, 2011

My Jealousy (when it comes to poetry)

The poem I decided I was fully jealous of was The Distances by Henry Rago. This poem is so simple yt it is beautiful the way he describes a house that is in the middle of this happy little world. It is surrounded by beautiful scenery. My favorite part of it that describes the place it is in is when he says "The dark wide stretch
Of plains and ocean To these hills over The night-filled river," just the way he talks about where it is, plus what time of day it is. Instead of saing duing th enight or at night time, he talks about "the night-filled river" it is just a wonderful way to give that visualization.
My other favorite part was the ending. It seemed to slowly take you away from this wonderful dream world by going from a room, to rooms and a roof, then to the sky full of midnight and the stars.
Simply a beautiful wonderful poem loved it!

Poem Link:
http://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/006.html

No comments:

Post a Comment