February 19, 2011

Boulevard of broken dreams

I walk alone I walk alone The clouds hang sullenly over the dark street. They never produce rain or snow just blck the happpiness of the warm bright sun. The people who spend their days here are all failures that could or would not try again. Silent tears run down their cheeks as they stare down at the grey pavement. No one will stop and ask for help because they all think, who will help me? they all have their own problems. I walk alone I walk alone. I walk slowly alone down the street no one looks up. Trash blows from every direction because why keep this miserable place clean? There is nothing even remotely optimistic here. No music laughter colors no happiness. Just broken lies and broken dreams. As you reach the end of the street you see nothing but darkness, unescapable black darkness. I walk alone. I walk alone.

2 comments:

  1. You're one of the few I've read who doesn't sound happy to be in their boulevard of broken dreams. I mean, no one's happy to be there...but you seem pissed. You're complaining about the weather, the people, the boulevard itself. That's good. My favorite line: No music, laughter, colors, no happiness. Does this place really exist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to be a place I dream about when I go to bed after a bad day...or just when I try and be alone when I'm not feeling happy.

    ReplyDelete